Roofstock’s team of experts carefully researches and certifies every market, property and partner before adding it to our marketplace so you can invest online with assurance. We even provide you with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
The Roofstock Guarantee
We provide a 30-day money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with a property you purchase on the Roofstock marketplace.
Our Certification Process
1. We Find High Potential Markets
- We analyze House Price Appreciation (HPA), rental rates, growth yields, job growth and population growth in the area to find markets that have good potential for investment
- Each area is then analyzed to look at the supply and demand for Single-Family Rental houses to determine additional growth factors
- Our research goes down to the neighborhood level looking at nearby schools, various amenities and crime rates to identify regions with better gross yields, HPA and total returns
2. We Certify Every House
- A multi-point property inspection for safety, habitability and risk is conducted by an experienced national inspection firm, including external and major systems review and internal review of the property (in certain circumstances, internal review is completed after the property is added to the marketplace but prior to a transaction closing)
- Obtain and review a preliminary title report to determine that there are no uninsurable encumbrances or liens, or preliminary title commitments
- Determine if the property is part of a HOA and, if applicable, summarize fees and terms
- Review and summarize key lease terms including monthly rent, lease-end date, security deposit, and utility responsibility
- Review tenant payment history to determine that they have adhered to the lease with timely payments
- Summarize any local risks including natural hazards and local crime rates
- Documents and analysis are available to you in each property’s document vault
3. We Negotiate List Price
- Conduct a property valuation and rental market analysis to ensure properties are priced fairly
- Estimate the cost of major repairs and renegotiate the price if the repairs are extensive
4. We Find and Certify Property Managers
- Find recommended property managers with expertise and operations in the local area
- Review their property management process and reporting to identify the most promising options
- Personally interview the top managers to find the best
Roofstock provides a 30-day guarantee to Buyers of Property purchased under a Roofstock Realty LLC Purchase and Sale Agreement via the Services. This guarantee applies if you, as a Buyer, are not satisfied with a Property purchased from a Seller via our Services and you notify Roofstock in writing of your dissatisfaction within 30 days of the closing. Certain other conditions apply such as there must be no material changes to the condition of the Property since the closing. Only one Property per Buyer is covered under this guarantee and only one guarantee claim may be made by any Buyer during any ninety (90) day period. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions for further conditions and details.