How to Invest with Roofstock
2 Lock it!
- Put your property in the cart. You can put it in contract right away at list price, or on some properties, you can make an offer to try and get a better deal
- To accelerate the process, include how you’d like to hold title and if you are using financing, send us your pre-approval letter via email
- Pay the Marketplace Fee (0.5% of the sale price) using a credit card at check out
3 Buy it!
Escrow is the period when financing, insurance and documents are finalized leading up to the transaction. Our service and transaction team will work with you and the seller to complete the transaction within 30 days.
- Sign the Purchase & Sale Agreement (PSA) using your electronic signature within 24 hours of receiving it in your email
- Send your Earnest Money Deposit (EMD) of $1,500 to the title company within 3 days of signing PSA; this is your down payment
- Finalize your Financing, Insurance and Property Manager (you will need to pay for any appraisal or inspection required by your lender or insurer; the lease and tenant will be transferred to your new property manager)
- Sign your Closing Documents & Wire funds to complete the transaction
4 Cash it!
- Begin receiving income from your investment
- Use our online dashboard to monitor your investment
Still have questions?
Give us a call at 800-378-9961. We’re happy to talk you through it.