Many of us have a large amount of our savings and investments tucked into IRAs which might have been funded from direct contributions or by rolling over a 401(k) or other corporate retirement plan when we left a previous job. The assets in an IRA can really build up over time and most people forget to consider these assets when they look at the diversification and asset allocation of their investments. Worse, many think they are limited to investing their IRA in traditional investments like mutual funds, stocks, bonds and CDs. In fact, you can easily use your IRA to purchase real estate and other business assets.
Learn more about how to invest your IRA in real estate as Clay Malcolm from New Direction IRA walks you through the ins and outs in this short webinar.
Benefits of investing in real estate with your IRA:
- You don’t have to pay current taxes on rental income or capital gains, allowing your assets to grow more quickly.
- Real estate provides great diversification because its returns are not correlated with the stock market.
- When you reach retirement age of at least 59 ½, the rents on your properties provide you with ongoing income.
How to get started:
- Open and fund your IRA account. Roofstock has an integrated solution with New Direction IRA.
- Find cash flowing rental properties on Roofstock’s Single-Family Rental Marketplace. Our advisors are always ready to guide you through the process of investing in rental properties or help you put together a portfolio of homes.
- You also have the option of investing in real estate funds comprised of Single-Family Rentals through Roofstock’s Funds Marketplace. These funds provide you with fractional ownership of a group of Single-Family Rental properties selected by a fund manager that has been carefully vetted by Roofstock.
- Follow your investment on Roofstock! Our investor dashboard helps you easily track your properties.
As you formulate your long-term IRA investment strategy, also keep in mind that you have the option to reinvest your monthly rental income. Roofstock and New Direction IRA make it easy to channel those monthly returns into additional properties or one of our funds, giving you the flexibility to continue expanding your real estate portfolio.