Roofstock is an innovative new marketplace and transaction platform for investing in the $3 trillion single-family rental sector. As part of our company culture, we are passionate about helping our customers find the best real estate investments. Strong emphasis on collaboration and teamwork is the norm, not to mention that we make time to celebrate our awesome accomplishments and each other!
Roofstock recently was named as one of the top 50 Small Business Great Places to work by Forbes Magazine, and has also been certified as a great workplace by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work® based on ratings provided by our employees in anonymous surveys. Check out our company review and see why our employees love working here!
Roofstock is looking for a Corporate Attorney to join our Legal team. In this role you will report to the General Counsel, and be responsible for supporting all areas of the business, sitting in for the GC where needed.
As our ideal candidate, you are as comfortable driving projects as you are jumping in to help on other matters, regardless of the work to be done. You are a flexible and creative thinker who can thoughtfully apply existing rules to a disruptive business, while assessing and explaining any business risks. You possess a business and solution-oriented approach to delivering legal services. You are comfortable interacting and collaborating with a variety of internal partners and external customers. You have a strong desire and ability to develop expertise in new or unfamiliar areas of law. You use your superior communication skills to explain complex issues in a very consumable manner.
You want to be part of a low-ego company where everyone steps in to help achieve company goals of changing the way real estate is bought and sold globally. Lastly, you are excited about being part of something great!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide legal advice to the business on a day-to-day basis
- Work with business on listing agreements, purchase and sale agreements
- Draft, review, revise other standard business agreements (Nda’s, employment agreements, etc.)
- Support business and General Counsel on other projects and partnership opportunities
Experience and Education Guidelines
- 4-7 years of transactional real estate experience
- National law firm experience
- CA Bar in good standing
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Residential real estate experience preferred
- Additional in-house experience preferred
- General corporate experience is a plus
- Ability to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced environment
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation.
- Medical, Vision and Dental for you (100%) and your dependents (50%).
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Unlimited vacation and sick days.
- Equity incentives to give you a stake in the Company’s future.
- An upbeat and collaborative work culture.
- A fully stocked kitchen with snacks and meals.
- Company-sponsored outings.
Please send your resume to email@example.com
The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the manager.
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.Send Your Resume Now