Roofstock is an innovative new marketplace and transaction platform for investing in the $2-3 trillion single-family rental sector. As part of our company culture, we are passionate about helping our customers find the best real estate investments. Strong emphasis on collaboration and teamwork is the norm, not to mention that we make time to celebrate our awesome accomplishments and each other!
Roofstock recently was named as one of the top 50 Small Business Great Places to work by Forbes Magazine, and has also been certified as a great workplace by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work® based on ratings provided by our employees in anonymous surveys. Check out our company review and see why our employees love working here!
Roofstock is looking for a Fund Accountant to join our Finance team. In this role you will help create the accounting and reporting process for the launch of our Single Family Rental (SFR) Home fund. As our ideal candidate, you are a self-starter who has worked in residential and/or commercial real estate arena, overseeing the creation and ongoing reporting and accounting for real estate portfolios.
You will use your strong customer service skills to interface with investors, providing them a white glove experience. You thrive in a team environment, and are willing to pitch in, where needed, to help the team succeed. You are innovative in your approach to solving problems and having solutions driven mindset using available resources to create amazing solutions to complex problems.
You are excited about being part of something great.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Create and review monthly and annual financial and management reports for the fund(s).
- Liaise with outside administrators to create and maintain the financial records for the entities.
- Reconcile administrator data to internal systems.
- Maintain expense accrual budgets, analyze budget-to-actuals, liaise with relevant departments. on expense projections and allocations between deals or desks.
- Assist in preparation of quarterly/annual investor/regulatory reporting.
- Coordinate with tax function in preparation of periodic tax deliverables and tax related compliance support as well as tax projections and planning based on accounting data.
- Responsible for portfolio level debt oversight.
- Responsible for coordinating the Valuations process with Asset Managers, internal valuations team and external vendors.
- Reviewing timely and accurate quarterly data submission to various industry organizations and consultants.
- Interacting with Portfolio and Asset Managers in on-going operational matters.
- Reviewing accounting for real estate transactions including buyouts and conversions.
- Review accuracy of management and incentive fees.
- Assisting in the various audits with internal and external auditors.
- Assist in managing and completing multiple processes within tight deadlines while responding to various requests from many parties.
- Conducting market/rental rates analysis for different geographies
- Preparing LP investor allocation and capital account statement, distribution schedule and waterfall models.
Experience and Education Guidelines
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- 3-5 years Real Estate Fund or Investment Accounting Experience (public accounting experience is a plus).
- Strong financial and analytical skills.
- Experience working on financial audits preferred.
- Solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles as it relates to fair market value of real estate and/or related investments.
- Experience setting up accounting and reporting processes.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks, meet reporting deadlines, and demonstrate flexibility with delivery of assignments.
- Technology proficiency is essential as the candidate would leverage a number of software applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Candidate must be client service oriented and exhibit ability to problem solve
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred but not required
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation.
- Medical, Vision and Dental for you (100%) and your dependents (50%).
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Unlimited vacation and sick days.
- Equity incentives to give you a stake in the Company’s future.
- An upbeat and collaborative work culture.
- A fully stocked kitchen with snacks and meals.
- Company-sponsored outings.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the manager.
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.Send Your Resume Now