Roofstock is an innovative new marketplace and transaction platform for investing in the $3 trillion single-family rental sector. As part of our company culture, we are passionate about helping our customers find the best real estate investments. Strong emphasis on collaboration and teamwork is the norm, not to mention that we make time to celebrate our awesome accomplishments and each other!
Roofstock recently was named as one of the top 50 Small Business Great Places to work by Forbes Magazine, and has also been certified as a great workplace by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work® based on ratings provided by our employees in anonymous surveys. Check out our company review and see why our employees love working here!
Roofstock is looking for a Manager of Inspections to join our Operations team. In this role you will report to the Director of Operations, and be responsible for developing and executing our Inspection program across our footprint. As our ideal candidate, you have a deep expertise in inspections of single family homes, gained through either being in the home construction or home inspection business. You know how to build and manage virtual teams, and have strong vendor management skills. You have an expert knowledge of residential home systems and components, enabling you to provide guidance around costs required resolve issues resulting from company or 3rd party inspections. You have superior communication skills, both written and verbal. You keep up to date on new technologies in the Inspection space. You have a strong customer centric disposition and have the aptitude and ability to problem solve issues.
You want to be part of a low-ego company where everyone steps in to help achieve company goals of changing the way real estate is bought and sold globally. Lastly, you are excited about being part of something great!
What you will do
- Oversee the Roofstock inspection process
- Develop and deploy technology and processes regarding the review of inspection reports
- Establish quality control processes for reports and inspectors
- Develop strategy, implement processes and policies and leverage technology to deliver an effective, efficient and consistent inspection program
- Identify and manage relationships with 3rd Party Inspection vendors
- Create process to review and evaluate remediation costs based on inspection reports
- Interface with property managers on potential inspection issues
- Recruit and manage an internal inspection team
What you bring to the table
- At least 5-7 years experience in Single Family homes inspection methods and procedures
- BA/BS Degree preferred
- Expertise in Single Family Homes construction risks, issues, and remediation
- Expertise in Single Family Homes construction costs, system expected life, and indicators
- 1-3 years of experience managing construction vendors
- Exceptional communication skills
- Track record of learning new skills and technologies in the construction space
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience building and managing an inspection team preferred
What we offer
- Competitive compensation.
- Medical, Vision and Dental for you (100%) and your dependents (50%).
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Unlimited vacation and sick days.
- Equity incentives to give you a stake in the Company’s future.
- An upbeat and collaborative work culture.
- A fully stocked kitchen with snacks and meals.
- Company-sponsored outings.
Please send your resume to email@example.com
The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the manager.
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.Send Your Resume Now