Senior Product Designer
Roofstock is an innovative new marketplace and transaction platform for investing in the $2 trillion single-family rental sector. As part of our company culture, we are passionate about helping our customers find the best real estate investments. Strong emphasis on collaboration and teamwork is the norm, not to mention that we make time to celebrate our awesome accomplishments and each other!
Roofstock has been certified as a great workplace by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work® based on ratings provided by our employees in anonymous surveys. Check out our company review and see why our employees love working here!
We’re looking for an exceptional Senior Product Designer who can help us define the user experience of Roofstock’s platform (web and mobile). If you’re excited about making huge contributions, that can help disrupt an industry that is set on old ways of doing things, you’ve found the right place.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will lead initiatives to evolve existing features, as well as design new products to help move our platform to the next level. If you’re ready to help us build the next big thing, we would love to hear from you.
What you will do
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches. You set the vision for the user experience and create the space for others to collaborate
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams like product, engineering, and business people to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges
- Drive product initiatives from conception to conclusion, including product ideation, user research, flowcharts, prototypes, wireframes, functional specifications, high-fidelity renders, product specs, etc
- Contribute to the near and long term visions for features and product that is scalable
- Develop UX strategies in collaboration with product managers and design peers
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers
- Leverage research data, design principles, or other objective information to support design decisions
- Establish a strong design culture by collaborating with members of multidisciplinary teams and advocating for users and user-centered design practice
- Implement a/b test experiments to optimize our core features and validate hypothesis
- Maintain and evolve Roofstock’s brand and user experience
- Bring your wit and wisdom to new business opportunities and product initiatives
- Be ready for anything
- Ability to formulate and articulate UX strategies
- Ability to work with an agile framework with Lean UX methodologies
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to communicate ideas
- Stay up-to-date with design application changes and industry development
- Ability to effectively take direction with feedback from coworkers and stakeholders and work independently/collaboratively and autonomously
- A penchant for details and organization, including the ability to prioritize tasks, communicate progress and meet deadlines
- Ability to produce beautiful and clean solutions with understanding of product scalability and usability
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- In this role, you will be working on initiatives from conception to conclusion, therefore we want a well-rounded designer, but your strength is IxD.
- Bachelors or equivalent degree in HCI, Interaction Design, Graphic Design
- 5+ years experience working with product team and tech leads
- Expert in Sketch
- Expertise with InVision and other prototyping tools
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite, with emphasis in Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Excellent portfolio that shows the entire product design process from ideation/iteration to final delivery demonstrated in a range of cross-platform work
- Great attitude and good sense of humor
- Nice to have:
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS is a plus
- Experience working in the real estate, finance, or ecommerce industries
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation.
- Medical, Vision and Dental for you (100%) and your dependents (50%).
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Unlimited vacation and sick days.
- Equity incentives to give you a stake in the Company’s future.
- An upbeat and collaborative work culture.
- A fully stocked kitchen with snacks and meals.
- Company-sponsored outings.
Please send your resume to email@example.com
The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the manager.
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.Send Your Resume Now