Senior Software Engineer – .NET
Roofstock is an innovative new marketplace and transaction platform for investing in the $2 trillion single-family rental sector. As part of our company culture, we are passionate about helping our customers find the best real estate investments. Strong emphasis on collaboration and teamwork is the norm, not to mention that we make time to celebrate our awesome accomplishments and each other!
Roofstock has been certified as a great workplace by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work® based on ratings provided by our employees in anonymous surveys. Check out our company review and see why our employees love working here!
Roofstock is looking for hands-on and talented .NET developer with extensive experience in designing and managing web applications and other interactive products.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Passionately architect, code, and advocate for scalability, reliability, maintainability and reusability.
- Support the development of product roadmaps.
- Analyze problems and help create innovative solutions involving technology, methodology, tool and solution components.
- Ensure product quality and timeliness of work, provide advice and guidance, and resolve problems to meet objectives.
- Help develop new and refine existing processes to enhance quality and productivity.
- Skills/Techniques: proficient in using design techniques, debugging skills; easily makes technology choices; good technical and software development background
- Write server-side code for web-based applications.
- Perseverance: discipline, stubbornness, compulsiveness, dedication, and willingness to work hard on a task.
- Desire to Improve Things: not being satisfied with the status quo, setting high personal expectations and goals, and allowing time for improvement.
- Pride in Quality and Productivity: takes pride in producing defect free products on schedule in minimum time.Attention to Detail: ability to deal with complexity.
- Results Focus – You target and achieve results, overcome obstacles, and accept accountability.
- Communication and Collaboration – You’re driven as an individual but also a team player who works collaboratively with cross functional teams such as marketing, business development, sales, customer service, product and engineering.
Experience and Education Guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 8 years of experience in software development.
- Solid experience with the .NET platform and possesses Enterprise application development experience.
- Solid programming experience with C#, Entity Framework, ASP.NET MVC / Web API
- Expertise in designing and developing restful web services
- Experience in TDD / BDD
- Experience building Marketplaces is a plus
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation.
- Medical, Vision and Dental for you (100%) and your dependents (50%).
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Unlimited vacation and sick days.
- Equity incentives to give you a stake in the Company’s future.
- An upbeat and collaborative work culture.
- A fully stocked kitchen with snacks and meals.
- Company-sponsored outings.
Please send your resume to email@example.com
The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the manager.
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.Send Your Resume Now