Roofstock is an innovative new marketplace and transaction platform for investing in the $3 trillion single-family rental sector. As part of our company culture, we are passionate about helping our customers find the best real estate investments. Strong emphasis on collaboration and teamwork is the norm, not to mention that we make time to celebrate our awesome accomplishments and each other!
Roofstock recently was named as one of the top 50 Small Business Great Places to work by Forbes Magazine, and has also been certified as a great workplace by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work® based on ratings provided by our employees in anonymous surveys. Check out our company review and see why our employees love working here!
Roofstock is looking for a Valuations Director to join our Operations team. In this role you will define Roofstock’s valuation strategy, develop processes and tools to deliver timely and accurate estimates for our internal and external clients. You will also be responsible for building and managing a high performing valuations team.
As our ideal candidate, you are a self-starter who has had significant experience in appraisal of Single Family Homes in multiple states. Your strengths include your attention to detail and in developing efficient processes to support rapid growth while being able to step outside the day-to-day activities and help drive the strategic aspects of our valuation goals. As a nimble start-up this role requires both hands on work and managerial experience. You have a proven track record of leading teams and are able to use your superior communication skills to communicate up and down an organization.
You thrive in a team environment, and are willing to pitch in, where needed, to help the team succeed. You are innovative in your approach to solving problems and having solutions driven mindset using available resources to create amazing solutions to complex problems.
You are excited about being part of something great.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assists in developing a comprehensive and multifaceted valuation strategy for our growing marketplace
- Solves complex appraisal problems using recognized appraisal methodology
- Lead valuation cross functional project team
- Investigates the fair market value and property ratings through analysis and inspection of properties.
- Ensures appraisal documentation and appraiser certification are in compliance with all regulations
- Manage valuation vendors
- Appraises single-family homes regardless of transaction amount
- Builds and Manage Roofstock pricing analyst valuation team
Experience and Education Guidelines
- 7+ year experience of SFR valuation methods and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ year experience of SFR valuation at national scale preferred
- Proficient in relevant valuation methods, including comparison, income, and replacement
- Proficient in relevant valuation technologies and sources, including the Automated Valuation Model and Broker Price Opinion
- Proficient building valuation models across multiple states
- Managing and building a high performing team
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and demonstrated flexibility with delivery of assignments.
- Technology proficiency in Microsoft Office products is essential
- Client service oriented and a track record of solving problems
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation.
- Medical, Vision and Dental for you (100%) and your dependents (50%).
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Unlimited vacation and sick days.
- Equity incentives to give you a stake in the Company’s future.
- An upbeat and collaborative work culture.
- A fully stocked kitchen with snacks and meals.
- Company-sponsored outings.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the manager.
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.Send Your Resume Now