Roofstock is an innovative new marketplace and transaction platform for investing in the $2 trillion single-family rental sector. As part of our company culture, we are passionate about helping our customers find the best real estate investments. Strong emphasis on collaboration and teamwork is the norm, not to mention that we make time to celebrate our awesome accomplishments and each other!
Roofstock has been certified as a great workplace by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work® based on ratings provided by our employees in anonymous surveys. Check out our company review and see why our employees love working here!
We’re looking for an exceptional visual designer who understands the power of visual design to excite, engage users. If you’re excited about making huge contributions, that can help disrupt an industry that is set on old ways of doing things, you’ve found the right place.
As a visual designer, you will define and articulate visual language across web and mobile; while maintaining and enhancing our brand., you will inspire those around you to participate in the process, helping us move our platform to the next level. If you’re ready to help us design the next big thing, we would love to hear from you.
What you will do
- Work closely with other designers to maintain and enhance our design component library
- Enhance and maintain visual esthetics cohesively across our web and mobile platforms
- Work within brand guidelines to create layouts that reinforce a brand’s style or voice through its visual touchpoints
- Design user-centered interaction design models, wireframes or screen mock ups
- Create high-fidelity comps for user testing and stakeholders to review
- Produce and maintain pixel-perfect web-ready assets when applicable
- Work closely with our lead product designers to visualize user flows, wireframes and prototypes
- Work on email marketing items, presentation materials and interactive event materials
- Bring your wit and wisdom to new business opportunities and product initiatives
- Be ready for anything
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to communicate ideas visually
- Stay up-to-date with design application changes and industry development
- A solid foundation in typography, layout and design
- Ability to effectively take direction with feedback from coworkers and stakeholders and work independently/collaboratively and autonomously
- A penchant for details and organization, including the ability to prioritize tasks, communicate progress and meet deadlines
- Highly detail-oriented and produce pixel-perfect designs
- Bachelors or equivalent degree in Graphic Design, Web Design, Visual Design
- 3+ years experience working with product team and other teams
- Expert in Sketch
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite, with emphasis in Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Working knowledge with InVision or other prototyping tools
- Excellent UI and visual design skills demonstrated in an online portfolio that shows a range of cross-platform work and cohesiveness
- Great attitude and good sense of humor
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation.
- Medical, Vision and Dental for you (100%) and your dependents (50%).
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Unlimited vacation and sick days.
- Equity incentives to give you a stake in the Company’s future.
- An upbeat and collaborative work culture.
- A fully stocked kitchen with snacks and meals.
- Company-sponsored outings.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the manager.
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.Send Your Resume Now