|Lost rent while property for sale (3 months at $1,200/mo)||―||$3,600|
|CapEx to prep for MLS sale (2%)||―||$2,000|
|Brokerage fees (6% of sale price)||―||$6,000|
|Roofstock fees (3.0% of sale price)||$3,000||―|
|Overall cost of sale *||$3,000||$11,600|
Benefit of using Roofstock
* This comparison excludes certain fees and expenses (e.g., escrow fees) that will be the same whether you sell your home through Roofstock or a traditional sales process.
Enter your property information by answering a series of questions and uploading some great pics. You'll receive a free price estimate based on this information.
We perform up-front due diligence to prepare your listing for sale such as securing property inspection, ordering a preliminary title report and gathering key documents to give buyers the confidence to buy your property sight unseen.
We'll create an attractive listing for your property, including all relevant details and documents, and publish your listing to hundreds of thousands of investors on the Roofstock Marketplace.
Manage your offers completely online. Once you accept a bid, we'll coordinate the entire closing process. Your transaction will generally be completed within a 30 day period after you sign the purchase and sale agreement.
"Roofstock enables me to market specifically to people that would be potential buyers — and not only nationally, but internationally."
Financial Analyst, Denver, CO2 properties sold in Indianapolis
"The most attractive feature to me is that I'm selling an occupied property. During the listing process I keep getting rent. With a fix and flip I have to eat up all the interest, utilities and staging costs."
Fix & Flipper, Dallas, TX3 properties in the Dallas-Fort Worth, TX area (and more in the works!)
"Great option for sellers looking to get rid of their rental property with tenants in place and/or not wanting to leave it empty while selling. Roofstock also minimized the high cost of selling without the need for high commission costs."
N. Fiorito and S. Fiorito,
Medical device clinical specialist
1. How much does it cost to list my property on the Roofstock marketplace?Listing your property on Roofstock is completely free. If your property is sold, you'll pay a fee of either 3.0% of the sale price or $2,500, whichever is greater. This fee is a fraction of the traditional 6% broker fee charged by most real estate agents.
2. Which states or metro areas are supported?We're currently active in over 70 markets in 24 states and are expanding into new markets. Visit our markets page for a list of metro areas where we operate. If your property isn't located in one of the markets we support, let us know and our team will reach out with more details.
3. How long does it take to get my property listed?Properties are typically listed within 15 - 35 days. There's no need to stage for showing, disrupt tenants or pay out-of-pocket costs to prepare the property for listing.
4. How does Roofstock approve properties?Your property will go through certification before it is listed on the Roofstock Marketplace. During the certification period, we'll collect all necessary due diligence including photos, leases, ledgers, and documents from you or your property manager in order to best market the property.
5. Who determines the list price?You will determine the final list price for your property. To help make this decision easier, we'll give you an initial estimate, then you'll work with our team of Account Executives to develop a full valuation report that takes into account the condition of your home along with our proprietary data and market comparables. We'll work with you to help determine a proper valuation by sharing information about historical sales in the market and what list price is likely to sell.
6. What is the Roofstock Certification Process and what does it entail?Before your property is listed on the marketplace, it will undergo a thorough certification process. We'll work with you to gather all required documents, perform a property inspection, and sign a title report and listing agreement. This multi-point review process enables full transparency for buyers and sellers and speeds up transactions by performing due diligence up front.
For more on the Roofstock Certification Process, view our Rooftalk webinar on the topic.
7. What is Open House on the Roofstock Marketplace?Roofstock Open House is a virtual open house period in which your property will be featured at the top of the Roofstock Marketplace and can expect to get high traffic and visibility. Buyers can submit offers during the first 24 hours. At the end of the Open House, you will have 24 hours to respond to any offers, so be ready to act fast. Open House is a great opportunity to quickly market and sell your property, so make sure your listing is updated with attractive interior pictures and set a competitive listing price.